Java is coffee. You brew it to your personal taste and add sugar if wanted, then sip with milk or either by it's perfect original taste. Where do the beans come from? No one knows. Only the computer produces such a magnificent, flavorful..
No really, let's cut to the chase. Java is not coffee (in the programming world!). Java is a powerful and common object-oriented language that actual developers use to create devastating mobile apps and games that you see (without realizing it) to this day. The popularity of Java is increasing, because more people are looking towards it's simplicity unlike other high-level programming languages (like C, C++ or maybe even Objective-C). I honestly wouldn't know much about C or C++ being complex, but I do know that Java does seem simple from my own personal experience. Take note that the fundamentals of Java came from C++, but the creators improved the syntax of Java so that it could be more simple for programmers to use. And so far, they done a great deal to society by doing so.
Aside question: Why did they use coffee as their logo for Java?
This is kind of a general question, but no one really knows. I actually did my own research (across the web) and I haven't found a good solution yet, so I'm not sure. The creator probably just came up with the name while sipping actual Java. Besides, from what I heard, programmers run on coffee. But I don't..
Listing The Difference Between The Two
I probably don't have to list the difference for you guys, but just in case you're unsure - and for the sake of this post - I'll break it down for you. Once you're finished reading the difference, you should probably look exactly like that meme above. Jussayin'.
- Popular web-based programming language
- Used to make websites interactive
- Can be used freely on your browser, with no download needed
- Object oriented
- Less complex syntax than Java
- Leads to Web Development as a career
- Easier to learn on the web due to popularity
- Very powerful, common programming language
- High-level programming language
- Used to make mobile apps and games
- Cannot be freely used on your browser - you need to download an IDE
- Leads to Software Development as a career
- Not easy to learn using the web as a source, but popular among the web
That's it! Feel free to comment if you have any questions or just want to throw out your opinion. It's fun to have active people willing to spread their knowledge, so don't be afraid not to.